Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Cheesecake Ice Cream

So on the wild off chance someone reading this is:
a) having a bad day
b) needing some ice-creamy goodness
c) has an ice cream maker
d) either has ingredients on hand OR is willing to go to the store

or:
a) really likes ice cream
b) really likes cheesecake
c) has an ice cream maker

or:
a) likes ice cream

have I got a deal for you!
This is seriously some of the most delicious ice cream I have made in a while. Let's please ignore the fact that I got the ice cream maker for Christmas in 2008 and just a month ago busted it out for the first time. I blame it on our renter, J., for inspiring me to once again load my stomach with homemade frozen goodness. I think it worked out pretty darn well though. Mmmm.
J. had been raving about this cream cheese ice cream he had made a few summers ago, so I decided to give it a whirl in my unused ice cream bowl maker attachment thing for the kitchenaid. And it was oh so good. I personally recommend crumbling a graham cracker on top of it. It really caps off the cheese-cakey-ness. If you were REALLY feeling exotic you could also top it with some fresh fruit.

adapted from epicurious.

Ingredients:
8 oz. softened cream cheese (you can use neufchatel cheese if you prefer)
1 c. milk (I used whole milk)
1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice (lemon works too, but if you use REAL lemon use at least 2 Tbsp.)
3/4 c. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt (or a couple shakes)
1/2 c. Half-and-Half

Mix cream cheese, milk, lime juice, sugar, and salt in a blender. It should get frothy and smooth - make sure there are no chunks of cream cheese. Manually stir in the cream. Pour into ice cream maker per manufacturer's instructions (for the KitchenAid this means pour it in after the paddle is stirring).



Once the ice cream maker is "done" freezing the mixture, transfer the ice cream to an airtight freezer-safe container. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours. Scoop and serve topped with graham cracker crumbs.



Mmmmm.....




  • Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Totally drooling over this. If you want to come deliver some to my house right now that would be GREAT. : )

    ReplyDelete