Search This Blog

Thursday, January 29, 2009

so far...

For the past two days, Caleb has been refusing to sleep. It gets a little old listening to him cry/scream for 45+ minutes when I know he is exhausted. Yesterday, when I went down into his room to pop his Nuk back in his mouth, he was standing up in the crib! Looks like it got lowered just in time. He also is crawling for real, instead of dragging his lower body around. 

Fjord has been very affectionate when I get home from work. He purrs and smashes his face into mine. He just can't get enough lovin. Last night, while I was watching American Idol (can't WAIT for Hollywood week...) Fjord decided to explore the newfound space in front of the TV (since we just got an HDTV on Sunday). It was hilarious to see him staring at the picture on the TV. I could just tell he was thinking, "Let me get at that girls face. Oh please, what is that noise!" He is currently lounging on the couch in his 'puffball' position. Such a little doll. 

Now I am sitting watching Wheel of Fortune while I explore Lucky's website and favorite links. I wish I had a "real" job so that I could look so cute and fashionable. However, it seems futile to wear anything nice when I know it will get spit up and baby food/slobber all over it. *sigh* Guess I'll just have to look cute on the weekends. 

We're having my parents and sister and brother-in-law over for the super bowl. My brother won't come. He claims it is because of his kids, but really, it is the cat. For being 6'4" and 250+ he really is a baby. 

Oh, and of the four temperaments (Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic, Melancholic) I am Melancholic. I thought it was all going to be a load of B.S. but I was surprised to discover the accuracy. It gets it down to my cravings for food. Now if only I could just blame the extra poundage since I got married on those muffins and bagels I crave as opposed to laziness and lack of self control. 

Currently Reading: Natural Health Remedies

1 comment:

  1. the part about being a nanny & not being able to look cute -- i completely agree with that! last year when i was a nanny i felt that exact same way, since i did it during the summers too. and getting sweaty from chasing the little tykes around is also kinda a bummer haha :)

    ReplyDelete